Downtown Dallas, Inc. is the principal advocate, champion and steward of Downtown, effecting change by developing strategies, setting targets and mobilizing resources that:
- Stimulate a vibrant and sustainable Downtown environment
- Improve infrastructure
- Enhance economic competitiveness
- Create a culturally inclusive urban center
- Position the area as a global destination
At Downtown Dallas, Inc., our members play a critical role in these efforts. As active members of task forces, committees and volunteer groups, our members don't just help fund our efforts, they participate in a meaningful and engaged way to help Downtown.
Currently our areas of focus include:
- Public Safety
- Maintenance & Capital Improvements
- Economic Development
- Community Education, Engagement and Advocacy
- Public Policy
- Planning & Transportation
In 2014, we look forward to helping maintain public safety, creating vibrant streets and public spaces, ensuring great urban design, increasing our community's education, engagement and advocacy and supporting Downtown's 21st century economy.
If you'd like to learn more about our mission for 2014, download a full copy of our 2014 Program of Work .
A strategic plan that cultivates a collective vision for Downtown's future, Downtown Dallas 360 is a true combination of public and private resources that embodies the can-do spirit of Dallas. With a commitment of dollars, time and other resources from a host of stakeholders vested in the success of Downtown, Downtown Dallas 360 plans to further advance Dallas-Fort Worth's overall regional vision by:
- Addressing economic development, housing, public space, urban design, transit and parking.
- Fostering a better, more integrated city by lowering auto-oriented land usage.
- Focusing on a more diverse Downtown urban experience through increased housing options, the reuse of existing buildings and a more engaging pedestrian environment.
Adopted by the Dallas City Council in April 2011, you can view the Downtown Dallas 360 plan and its progress by visiting www.downtowndallas360.com .
From a resurgence of corporate relocations to residential, hotel and commercial development projects, CEOs, developers and small business owners are all finding value in having an address Downtown.
In fact, in May of 2012, Chief Executive's annual survey of CEOs ranked Texas as the best place to do business. With high scores in living environment, quality of workforce, and tax and regulatory environment, as well as proximity to important assets like DFW Airport, Love Field and the Inland Port, Downtown Dallas is considered an epicenter of domestic and international investment activity.
Find fabulous food in Downtown.
With over 300 restaurants in Downtown alone, you can easily find everyone's favorites.
Bring the kids and play the day away in Downtown!
Downtown is a kid's paradise with places to explore around every corner.
Bring your dog with you Downtown.Downtown is dog friendly, so come explore with your favorite pooch by your side.
Did You Know?
Downtown Dallas currently has:
- 135,000 employees in the Central Business District (CBD)
- 7,800 residents in the CBD
- 38,000 residents in Downtown Dallas
- Over 315 restaurants and bars in Downtown Dallas
- Over 170 shops in Downtown Dallas